Not many farmers here these days, but I caught a few people enjoying the nice day.
I spent last night trying to find pictures of what I want my house to look like and where it would be located. Nothing totally fit, it was either too big, too small, too bland, too out there, so this morning my journaling session was describing my perfect home.
It is located in the mountains, overlooking a pristine, crystal clear lake, with a huge deck that spans the width of the house and expands in like a T in the center of the house. The are bi fold french doors that open up to the living room and french doors to the art room on one side and the master bedroom on the other
The deck and floors are all dark wood, except the bathrooms and the art room. The middle of the house is all open concept with the state of the art kitchen near the entrance and a large island facing the view, the dinning table which is a handmade wood and mosaic with colorful fabric chairs, then the living space that is set up in a giant square so no matter what you want to do you are comfortable and have the view you want. All the rooms have sliding barn style doors with a saying written on them, except the guest bathroom.
On the east side of the house is the master bedroom, bath, closet and laundry (connected to the closet), the walls in the open living space on this side has built-in storage and shelving. The door to the master is red and says “This room is filled with peace and love”, the door between the master and the bathroom closet area is a rich blue barn door, which says “There is beauty in all we see” the master bed and bath are a gentle sky blue on the walls with white trim and molding. The blue has a gray hue so it serves as a neutral. The artwork and accents in my bedroom are all colors and varieties, everything makes be smile. I have a huge bed and a comfy sitting area that opens to the deck, art pieces and sculptures throughout the room. The dresser stores fresh linens and blankets. The bath has pops of color with the towels and flowers and art. The closet is huge and painted a rich purple with a large multicolored ottoman and a slouchy chair in the center. Two walls are all built-ins for clothes, shoes and anything else clothes related. A pocket door opens to the laundry so there is no transporting of clothes around the house, only towels and sheets as needed. Then there is a wall of shelves that contain memory boxes, journals, books, gifts, only the happy memories are kept and cherished in this special place. and in the dead center of the room is a chandelier, and covering the floor is a big fluffy white rug. My own little power spot and a place to escape to when I need alone time.
On the west side of the house from entrance to deck is the guest room, bathroom, which connects to the guest room and the art room, and at the back the art room, which opens up to the deck and also has a comfy sitting area with a table for having coffee and looking out at the view. The art room door is purple and says “Creativity makes my soul sing!!” and the guest room door is peacock blue and says “All who stay here are loved and bless this house.” The art room has built-in for tons of storage, a giant wood work table and an easel, comfy stools. The storage contains every conceivable supply you would need to make your hearts desire. The guest room is a pale yellow with art work and plenty of storage in the closet and a basket of candles, towels, toiletries and a little note to greet them.
The deck has lantern lighting and metal fire pit, lots of seating and a table and chairs where the center has candles inset and surrounded by sea glass. Outside the master on the deck is a water fountain and more seating. and my pets have free reign over the home, so dog or cat, expect some kind of fur ball to give you love while you are here.
Come in, sit down, what can I get you?
Okay, it is confession time…I know I am not alone here…I always have clutter around me. I reach a point where I clean and organize and declutter, but it is just a matter of time before the art projects take over my living room, the books I am reading pile up, the clothes are on the floor or in the drier and the dishes are in the sink. The amount of “stuff” I have is not over whelming, because I used to move every year, which took care of some of the excess. I did some major decluttering, donating and trashing in December. I have been working on my focus and direction in life, as well as, keeping the positive energy flowing in my life.
My progress this year has been slow forward movement, which is good, but I have been feeling a bit stuck. So just like when a truck gets stuck in the mud or sand you need to either back up and add something to get traction. For my work life I have been reading books on improving morale and positive leadership, which lead me to finding the book “Spark Joy, an illustrated master class on the art of organizing and tidying up” by Marie Kondo. This sparked my interest because it hit all happy buttons: joy, organizing, art, beauty and learning a new way of looking at something.
Marie teaches in a very specific way of decluttering based on keeping ONLY the things that spark joy when you see or touch them. She also teaches how to store the things you keep in a way where it shows them respect, and energizes the space. She discusses that a result of her teachings, based on feedback and experience, you will never not be a tidy person again. Also, she has seen peoples lives change: after the class they enjoyed cooking, or their relationships improved, they made major decisions that they where not previously ready to make.
I look at it as when your home is cluttered your mind is cluttered. The idea of being surrounded only by things that spark joy, everything having a place and showing your things respect you end up respecting yourself and any problems are easier to address.
I am embarking on this journey of “Spark Joy” today. The first things she wants is for me to describe my dream living space and take pictures of my home as it is now so I can see the difference. I know that I will be getting rid of many more things, but I thought this time I would try something that Adam Crockett in Passion In Action: Pure Steam RPG mentioned during his interview. I am going to take the things I am getting rid of and going to post them on Craigslist for trade. I want to see if I can trade them for things that do bring me joy.
I will follow up with the Before and after photo’s, pictures of the stuff I am trading and of what I get in return. I think it will be interesting to see if I will be forever tidy and have some new joyful items in my home.
There were three blog prompts that I could not separate this month and decided to do a bundle for this post.
- 6 Top things streaming on my Facebook page
- The last thing that scared me the most.
- If you had one wish…what would it be for?
- The top thing streaming on my FB page is the election. I HATE this season, because it really tests my patience with the ridiculous posts on both sides of the fence. I get the urge to block certain feeds because I get sick of seeing all the negativity and bashing that goes on. This #1 topic streaming also encompasses the other two blog topics. Let me start by saying that since I have been able to vote the options have been dismal and I end up voting for the lesser of to evils. Well this year takes the cake…this election season is the last thing that scared me the most. I can’t believe anything that comes out of either Hillary or Trump’s mouths. I can’t trust either will do the right thing in office. Honestly, it made me think of an article I read last year, Early Warning:Identifying Potentially Genocidal Political Movements, I found it very scary. My wish is for the people in office in this country to consider the welfare of the citizen’s before themselves.
- “If you believe in God, like & Share” posts. I have my own relationship with God. Honestly I don’t think he reads Facebook posts or cares if I like or share any of the various types of posts crossing my page. I don’t need to type “Amen” for it to be true that God loves me.
- Cat Videos (or Dog videos): I love the cat videos and pictures. I try my best to keep my page positive and uplifting as much as possible watch this cute little video Cat Chat, a funny cat related picture that made me laugh so hard my sides hurt.
- DIY Tips: I love these because they give me ideas on things to try. I love being creative. Today’s Craft Post
- Trust Your Journey: This is one of my favorite pages on FB. It is always uplifting and they have great little videos they post. 30 Second of Gratitude
- My friends photography or current projects. I love to see what they are working on and support them in any way I can. Kevin’s Photograph, Dianne’s Cross Stitch project.
Actually I’m choosing sunflowers because the following 10 people and things that brighten up my life. I have chosen to keep them in my life forever!!
- The first sunflower goes to Carol , my sister-in-law. She is my soul sister in this journey of personal and spiritual growth. We are on the same path even tho we are thousand of miles away. You always lighten my spirit and I can tell you anything. Will you accept this sunflower?
- Next is Dianne , my dear friend, who has stood by my side during work craziness and personal crisis. We laugh together so hard it hurts and we do our “annual”, when everyone can make it, DFW tours: I live in a penis and DFW Penis Expedition 2013. Visit her blog hotmessprincess.com by clicking on the the links. She is a hoot and one of my best friends. Will you accept this sunflower?
- Next is Lauren, who I met through a past relationship. I got Lauren out of the deal and I definitively got the better end of the deal. She has been with me through thick and thin and joined us on the DFW Penis Expedition…I love these girls! Will you accept this sunflower?
- Next is Dodie, who has been in my heart from the day we met. She has survived the loss of both her children and is, somehow, still able to walk through each day and help others. I knew and love both Bradley and Ali. I miss them deeply. Dodie I love you so much, you get a special bouquet of sunflowers, feathers and humming birds flying around. Will you accept this gift of love?
- Next is a pair not to be separated Amy and Shy, these are friends, family and souls from across time. They both know every detail about me and love me anyway. I would not be here today if not for them. I love you both!! Will you accept these sunflowers?
- Another team effort Renee, Barbara, Lisa, Anne, Robbie, and Jo and Janna! You have all changed my life right to the core and have given me hope, love and a future I could never have dreamed of. I need you all forever...will you accept this shower of sunflowers?
- Miss Dee!! Oh how you have brightened my life and unknowingly walked me through some of the toughest trials of my life. We laugh and cry together and our hearts are like one. we walk in the same foot steps and find our way to the light. YOU are always in my heart and my thoughts!! Will you accept this huge bouquet of sunflowers?
- My cats, past and present, Whiskers, Boots and now Maggie! Miss Maggie you keep me so entertained and you give so much love. I can always count on you! Boots and Whiskers you both would do all you could for me when I was sick and just loved. You all make life worth living!!
- My camera! Through photography I get to see the world from various perspectives. The common become extraordinary!
- My God, who has given me all of these people and things and so much more!! Everyone in my life I am so grateful and I love you all! I know that God always has been and always will be in my life!